Sunday, September 11 2011 @ 11:00am
FREE ($5 button purchase required for festival entry)
1932 South Halstead Street
Chicago, IL 60616
American Friends Service Committee
This event will be recorded for WBEZ’s Chicago Amplified.
The Council on American-Islamic Relations-Chicago and the American Friends Service Committee present a special event created and organized by HumanThread, a Pilsen-based nonprofit dedicated to promoting peace and inspiring actions that build a just society. The 9/11 Primer will memorialize 9/11 and reaffirm the role of artists as peacemakers. This event is part of the Chicago Fringe Festival. Admission is free.
The program include:
- Addresses by representatives of CAIR-Chicago, AFSC, and Interfaith Youth Core
- A presentation of the One Common Thread Project for Peace, an artwork composed of threads sent to the event organizers by individuals dedicated to the cause of peace
- Live performances, including music and spoken word, by Jungle of Cities, Gyasi Ayo Kress, One Earth, and other powerful artists
- Exhibition of Fiber Artists for Hope’s quilts, “Reflections on September 11th, a Decade Later”
- A Fringe and HumanThread invitation to contribute to the Common Thread project
Copyright Chicago Public Media 2011