CAIR-Chicago is looking for a Youth Development Fellow to work closely with the Outreach Coordinator in building and maintaining the Muslim Youth Leadership Symposium (MYLS) initiative, as well as other development programs targeting youth ages 13-19.
The fellowship is ideal for a current college student and includes a stipend of $1,000 for a 4-month part-time time commitment (15-20 hours a week).
Submit applications no later than 5pm CST on Friday, November 15th.
See the responsibilities and necessary requirements below:
YOUTH DEVELOPMENT FELLOW:
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Coordinate the Muslim Youth Leadership Symposium (MYLS) initiative, including development, recruitment, maintenance, partnerships, incentives, and visibility
• Plan and administer two symposiums annually that bolster community service and civic engagement in youth
• Facilitate post-symposium youth project development and educational initiatives
• Secure funding through grants and donations to ensure vitality and growth
• Expand the initiative to reach more students across the greater Chicago metropolitan region and Illinois
• Assist in recruitment and hiring of area high school students of all backgrounds for junior-level internships at CAIR-Chicago
• Experience in working with youth, specifically high school students
• Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills
• Prior event, preferably conference, planning experience
• Demonstrate the ability to follow through the various on-going and newly assigned tasks
• Excellent oral and written communications skills
• Ability to work well under pressure
• Friendly, outgoing, and demonstrate strong leadership skills
• Possess an adept knowledge on Chicagoland’s Muslim community profile, issues and networks, as well as the exhaustive cultural, sociopolitical, economic and other demographic nuances of the greater Chicago metropolitan region and Illinois
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, submit a cover letter and resume to Outreach Coordinator Gerald Hankerson at email@example.com. (When applying via email please ensure to write the position title in the subject of the email.)
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis and will be accepted until 5pm CST on Friday, November 15, 2013.
Please no phone calls or drop-ins.
Due to the anticipated number of applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.