It is the policy of CAIR-Chicago to view the diverse Muslim population as one community with shared values, common challenges, and one future. In order to achieve the goal of efficiency, we shall work with other organizations that do similar work so that we can maximize our breadth of scope and productivity.
Our partnerships are not limited to Muslim organizations and institutions. The American Muslim identity is a unique and integral part of the whole that is America. We wish to identify universal values and common goals that are shared between our community and other communities and forge mutually beneficial partnerships.
How do we achieve that?
- Put together a list of issues and concerns of relevance to our community.
- Meet with coordinators of the other organizations that are interested in these issues.
- Maintain a database of all Muslim and non-Muslim community organizations, MSA’s, mosques, etc.
- Appoint a liaison within each organization to act as the link to CAIR-Chicago.
- Create a CAIR-Chicago Bulletin Board within each MSA & mosque with which we partner communcation between us and the constituency we serve.
Our current partners include the following organizations:
- DePaul UMMA (Muslim Student Associations)
- University of Chicago MSA
- University of Illinois at Chicago MSA
- Northwestern MSA
- Mosque Foundation
- Muslim Community Center
- Muslim Education Center
- Islamic Foundation of Villa Park
- Islamic Cultural Center
- Downtown Islamic Center
- Illinois Coalition for Immigrant and Refugee Rights (ICIRR)
- Jewish Council on Urban Affairs (JCUA)
- The Chicago Lawyers’ Committee for Civil Rights Under Law
- Muslim Civil Rights Center (MCRC)
We also forge partnerships with individual:
If you would like to partner with us, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org