JOB OPENING: Communications Coordinator
CAIR-Chicago is seeking a Communications Coordinator who will be responsible for meeting all of our communications needs. To apply please send a Cover Letter, 2 (1-2 page) Writing Samples, Design Portfolio, and Resume to Deputy Director, Sufyan Sohel at email@example.com. Please write “Communications Coordinator” in the Subject heading. The deadline for applications is 11:59pm CST on Thursday, April 7.
CAIR-Chicago is now seeking a Communications Coordinator who will be responsible for meeting the communications needs of CAIR-Chicago.
The Communications Department adds vital perspective to public discourse, publishes in a variety of mediums and produces the latest in new-media including audio, video, graphic design, web design, blogs, and other multimedia.
See the responsibilities and necessary requirements below:
FULL-TIME COMMUNICATIONS COORDINATOR
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Executing CAIR-Chicago’s communications strategy in partnership with Executive Director, other chapters, and other departments
- Managing graphic design, photography, layout, video editing and other multimedia needs
- Creating marketing materials such as posters, fliers, print material, e-mail newsletters, and announcements while upholding brand awareness and standards in all marketing materials
- Researching and implementing the use of new technologies to enhance CAIR-Chicago’s communications (as needed)
- Managing the org website by regularly updating and creating original content
- Effectively describing and promoting CAIR-Chicago’s work
- Ensuring all communications adheres to CAIR-Chicago’s core values and mission
- Facilitating the research and development of content for publication including annual reports
- Coordinating original articles including letters to the editor and commentaries
- Serving as a resource for news-media
- Supervising interns to support communications department needs
- Bachelors or Master’s degree in related fields or equivalent experience
- Good self-learner
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Adept knowledge on CAIR-Chicago’s area of work
- Superior analytical skills and creativity
- Ability to work independently and with a team
- Ability to trouble shoot, solve problems, and pay strong attention to detail
- Ability to establish priorities, manage multiple projects, meet deadlines and work under pressure
- Familiarity with a variety of the field’s concepts, practices, and procedures
- Microsoft Office proficiency
- Adobe Creative Suite proficiency
- HTML, CSS, and content-management proficiency a plus. Willingness to learn required
- Basic photography, film making, and video editing proficiency a plus. Willingness to learn required
Commensurate with experience.
To apply please send a Cover Letter, 2 (1-2 page) Writing Samples, Design Portfolio, and Resume to Deputy Director, Sufyan Sohel at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please write “Communications Coordinator” in the Subject heading. The deadline for applications is 11:59pm CST on Thursday, April 7.