Islam, the Beret, and Cultural Piracy
Chicago Crescent | Mar.18.09
Rehab discusses how Islam is a global faith, not a regional one. Thus, when it comes to choosing attire, Islam's criteria is value-based and not culture-specific.
Muslim Student wins “Lincolnland Legend” scholarship
Chicago Crescent | Mar.11.09
Read excerpts from an award winning essay about CAIR Chicago’s Ahmed Rehab. Each contestant wrote about someone who they felt has made a difference in society and is a role model for the youth.
• A Muslim woman was harassed at her workplace for her race and her observance of her Muslim faith. CAIR-has advised the woman of the options available to her.
• A Muslim man was refused employment based on his race. His interviewer made certain comments about his national origin and inquired about his immigrant status in the United States. CAIR-Chicago is investigating the case and will take appropriate action to resolve the matter.
• Three Muslims contacted CAIR-Chicago regarding delays in obtaining citizenship. The individuals applied for citizenship and completed all the necessary requirements. CAIR-Chicago is incorporating these cases into its Citizenship Delay Project.
• A Muslim man was approached by the FBI for questioning. CAIR-Chicago contacted the FBI on behalf of the man for more information on the nature of the questioning and will represent the man in any future communications with the FBI.
• A man received a ticket for a moving violation and believed he was a victim of racial profiling by Chicago police. CAIR-Chicago advised the man about his legal options.
CAIR-Chicago is Zakat-eligible and Tax-deductible. To support us, click here.
APPLY TODAY FOR AN INTERNSHIP AT CAIR-CHICAGO
Civil Rights Director
Government Affairs Coordinator
Cultural Sensitivity Speaker
Kevin Vodak, Esq.
Board of Directors
Hina Sodha, Esq.
Yaser Tabbara, Esq. - Secretary
Mazen Kudaimi, MD - Vice President
Safaa Zarzour, Esq. - President