CAIR-Chicago mourns the deaths of people without families, friends
Nicholas Short | June.01.09
CAIR-Chicago Outreach Coordinator Gerald Hankerson, who spoke on behalf of the Muslim community, said, “This is truly an honorable event that should send out the message that every life is precious, every person should be buried with dignity.”
Rehab Discusses NYC Terror Plot on Fox News Radio (LISTEN)
Alan Colmes' Liberaland | May.22.09
"This is something that Muslims and Islam condemn severely and the Muslim community has been quick to condemn this with no uncertain terms." Rehab goes on to clarify misconceptions of Islam and explain the true meaning of Jihad.
May 15, 2009 - May 29, 2009
• Following a car accident, a Muslim woman was treated inappropriately by a police officer. The woman was wearing a hijab while the other driver was dressed in a security uniform. After the police arrived on the scene of the accident, the woman was issued a ticket. She believed she was unfairly targeted because of her faith.
• A Muslim woman applied for permanent residency two years ago, and thereafter applied for a work permit extension in March of 2009. The United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USICS) have yet to issue a response regarding either the permanent residency application or the work permit extension.
• After passing the Civics examination, a Muslim woman contended that USCIS unfairly denied her American citizenship. The officer based the denial on the belief that the woman could not read nor understand the waiver she was asked to sign prior to taking the exam. The woman initially hesitated but later complied with the request to sign a waiver to take the test in absence of her attorney.
• Muslim inmates are repeatedly being denied halal meals while Jewish inmates are provided kosher meals. In addition, Muslim inmates are denied the kosher meals although such meals would satisfy their dietary requirements
• Prison officials confiscated a Muslim man’s taped recordings of the Koran. The inmate’s weak vision prevented him from reading the Koran, and glasses were not provided to facilitate his vision.
• A Muslim woman was followed to her car in a Target parking lot and harassed for wearing a hijab and adhering to Islamic practices.
CAIR-Chicago is Zakat-eligible and Tax-deductible. To support us, click here.
CAIR-CHICAGO IS SEEKING A NEW OPERATIONS COORDINATOR AND YOUTH COORDINATOR!
If you are interested in applying for either of these positions, please visit our Career Center.
APPLY TODAY FOR AN INTERNSHIP AT CAIR-CHICAGO
Civil Rights Director
Government Affairs Coordinator
Cultural Sensitivity Speaker
Kevin Vodak, Esq.
Board of Directors
Hina Sodha, Esq.
Yaser Tabbara, Esq. - Secretary
Mazen Kudaimi, MD - Vice President
Safaa Zarzour, Esq. - President