It is the policy of CAIR-Chicago to view the diverse Muslim population as one community with shared values, common challenges, and one future. In order to achieve the goal of efficiency, we shall work with other organizations that do similar work so that we can maximize our breadth of scope and productivity. Our partnerships are not limited to Muslim organizations and institutions. The American Muslim identity is a unique and integral part of the whole that is America. We wish to identify universal values and common goals that are shared between our community and other communities and forge mutually beneficial partnerships.
How do we achieve that?
Put together a list of issues and concerns of relevance to our community.
Meet with coordinators of the other organizations that are interested in these issues.
Maintain a database of all Muslim and non-Muslim community organizations, MSA’s, mosques, etc.
Appoint a liaison within each organization to act as the link to CAIR-Chicago.
Create a CAIR-Chicago Bulletin Board within each MSA & mosque with which we partner communcation between us and the constituency we serve.
We also forge partnerships with individual:
If you would like to partner with us, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Our current partners include the following organizations:
- American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU)—Illinois
- Asian American Advancing Justice (AAAJ)—Chicago
- Chicago Lawyers’ Committee for Civil Rights Under the Law
- DePaul University
- Drinker Biddle & Reath LLP
- Hughes Socol Piers Resnick & Dym, LTD
- Illinois Coalition of Immigrant and Refugee Rights (ICIRR)
- Japanese American Citizens League (JACL)—Chicago
- Jewish Council on Urban Affairs (JCUA)
- Latham & Watkins LLP
- Mexican American Legal Defense & Educational Fund (MALDEF)
- Muslim Bar Association
- National Association of Muslim Lawyers (NAML)
- National Immigrant Justice Center
- National Lawyers Guild
- North American Islamic Trust
- Refugee One
- South Asian American Policy & Research Institute (SAAPRI)
- South Asian Bar Association (SABA)—Chicago
- Syrian Community Network
- TRUST Collective
- Waraich Family Foundation
- Zakat Foundation