Youth Development Fellow Position Open!
CAIR-Chicago is looking for a Youth Development Fellow to build and maintain the Muslim Youth Leadership Symposium (MYLS) and other youth programs. The fellowship is ideal for a current college student and includes a stipend of $1,000 for a 4-month part-time time commitment (15-20 hours a week).
See the responsibilities and necessary requirements below:
YOUTH DEVELOPMENT FELLOW: RESPONSIBILITIES
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Coordinate the Muslim Youth Leadership Symposium (MYLS) initiative, including its development, maintenance, and visibility
- Bolster and sustain viable recruitment and retention of participants, while also establishing incentives
- Plan and administer two symposiums annually that encourages community service and civic engagement in youth
- Facilitate post-symposium youth project development and educational initiatives
- Secure funding through grants and donations to ensure vitality and growth
- Expand the initiative to reach more students across the greater Chicago metropolitan region and Illinois
- Assist in recruitment and hiring of area high school students of all backgrounds for junior-level internships at CAIR-Chicago
- Identify, establish, develop and maintain strategic partnerships and relations with organizations and institutions based in the greater Chicago metropolitan area and Illinois
- Experience in working with youth, specifically high school students
- Prior event, preferably conference, planning experience
- Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Demonstrate the ability to follow through the various on-going and newly assigned tasks
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Friendly, outgoing, and demonstrate strong leadership skills
- Possess an adept knowledge on the Muslim community profile, issues and networks, as well as the exhaustive cultural, sociopolitical, economic and other demographic nuances of the greater Chicago metropolitan region and Illinois
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, submit the following documents to Outreach Coordinator Gerald Hankerson at email@example.com:
- Application Form, signed and dated with all spaces filled with the most updated information and truthful responses, and submitted through email only; (Click here to download a PDF of the application)
- Cover Letter that specifies the position and session (i.e., Winter-Spring, Summer, or Fall) you’re applying for, as well as your interests and qualifications;
- Résumé that lists your most relevant and updated profile, including experience and contact information; and
- Sample Proposal of a youth conference, workshop or event that reflects CAIR-Chicago’s mission, vision and goals in advocacy and youth development, primarily through its MYLS initiative.
When applying via email please ensure to write the position title in the subject of the email.