CAIR-Chicago is currently accepting applications for law clerks for Summer 2013 and Fall 2013!
Are you interested in gaining professional hands-on experience working on civil rights cases? You happen to be in luck – CAIR-Chicago is currently accepting applications for civil rights law clerks and interns for Summer 2013 and Fall 2013. Law clerks will work closely with the Litigation Director, and Staff Attorney on resolving cases of discrimination reported to CAIR-Chicago. Internships are open to undergraduate students or graduate students not enrolled in a J.D./L.L.M. program. Law clerks positions are limited to law students enrolled in a J.D./L.L.M. program (or who have completed one of these programs).
In order to ensure that each intern, law clerk experience is maximized, each civil rights team member will be required to develop and train in the following core specialties:
1. Intake Processing 2. Legal & Policy Research 3. Administrative Assistance
1. Application Form signed and dated with all spaces/boxes filled with the most updated information and honest and thoughtful responses (submitted through email only).
2. Resume that lists your most relevant and updated profile and contact information.
3. Cover letter that specifies the position you’re applying and session (i.e., Summer/Fall) you’re applying for, as well as your interests and qualifications.
4. Legal writing sample: An original writing sample (maximum 15 pages). For Interns, the sample should relate to CAIR-Chicago’s scope on civil rights and advocacy. For law students, the sample should comply with legal writing standards, and any topic may be addressed in the document.
The Summer session generally runs from May-August and the Fall session runs from September-December, for an approximate 12-14 term. Summer law clerk and internship applications must be submitted by Monday, April 1st., 2013 for optimal consideration.
Applications must be emailed to Staff Attorney Rabya Khan at email@example.com.
For more information regarding the law clerk internship/externship program, check out our Intern Center.
If you have any questions regarding the position, application process, or our program, feel free to contact CAIR-Chicago's Staff Attorney, Rabya Khan, at any time via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by office phone at 312-212-1520.