5 Blessings to Be Thankful For This #GivingTuesday
This week we gather to give thanks for the many blessings in our lives. CAIR-Chicago would like to say thank you for supporting us over the years as we have served you. Without you, we would not have been able to continue our work standing up for refugees, holding airlines accountable, or speaking out when politicians use Islamophobic rhetoric to polarize our country and monger fear. In these difficult times, when the world seems to be falling apart around us it can be difficult to find things to be thankful for, but here are 5 blessing that deserve all of our gratitude:
- Chicago has one of the most savvy and supported Muslim communities in the United States.
- Together we have ensured that for over 10 years our community has lead the fight against Islamophobia and continues to do so.
- With CAIR-Chicago's assistance, City Council unanimously passed a resolution to establish Chicago as a "sanctuary" city and continue being a welcoming home for Syrian refugees.
- Despite the unprecedented rise of anti-Muslim sentiment, there are strong voices fighting back with over 20 media appearances by CAIR-Chicago around the state, nation, and world in the last week alone.
- CAIR-Chicago is there to serve you, no matter what, to defend your rights and confront bigotry and hatred wherever it may be.
With all that to be thankful for we invite you to join us and hundreds of non-profits around the country, in celebrating #GivingTuesday next week (December 1), as a day for people to remember and contribute to charities that work hard to make our world a better place for all.
#GivingTuesday is also a terrific opportunity for companies to match donations. Matching donations is an excellent way for your company to get exposer, express corporate values, and give back to the Chicago community. To learn more about donation matching and how it can help your company contact Sufyan Sohel at firstname.lastname@example.org
We want to extend our gratitude with a small token of appreciation to those that make the fight against Islamophobia possible. Those that sign up for a recurring monthly donation or Dollar-a-Day, will receive a CAIR-Chicago flash drive. For every $25/month you pledge to CAIR-Chicago before #GivingTuesday onDecember 1st a ticket with your name will be entered into a raffle for a special prize to be announced later this month. Did we mention that all donations made to CAIR-Chicago are tax deductible and Zakat eligible? Help spread the word by sharing this page with #GivingTuesday and #ILGive on social media!